Thursday, April 20, 2006

Monopoly/Monopolistic Competition

Some info for you! Okay - we're down to less than 4 weeks to the exam. The plan is to test next Thursday on Unit 3, since Wed is out with senior interviews and the blood drive. I'm going to use this time to post A LOT of sites that might help you study for the exam. My hope is that I understand this site enough that I can post them permanently over on the side margin so they don't disappear in the posts. **Edit**: If you scroll all the way to the bottom, there is a sidebar that for some reason isn't posting on the side - I added a bunch of links in there. :)

HOLY COW! I just double checked, and I have ONE LESS WEEK than I thought! We don't have four weeks - we have LESS THAN THREE WEEKS! OH MY GOODNESS!

{Take a deep breath}

Okay.

I thought things looked off on my planning book.

Crap.

Okay.

This means FOCUSED INTENSITY is the name of the game. I know you have other classes, I know you have other AP exams. Luckily, our exam isn't until the second week of national exams.

I will post answers to the study guide on a steady basis (I'll set up a calendar for practice). I have the big holy answer book, but your ultra-intelligent teacher did not order a book for herself with the questions, so I won't be able to answer any specific questions until I can see the book. Sorry. :( I have little hand outs with the answers, too - I'll get those out to you later.

Here are some new links:

Price Discrimination: We didn't have time to go into this in detail. Your book also has some information that might be helpful:
http://apecon.us/monopolypricediscrimination.gif

A review on efficiency:
http://www.reffonomics.com/economicefficiency.html

Monopolistic Competition: Make sure to scroll down on the page. :)
http://www.reffonomics.com/Monopolistic_Competition.html

And some more on Mon. Comp (just realize that you can't call it "competitive competition" on the national exam):
http://apecon.us/competitivecompetition.gif

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay - and some questions for you:

Actually, go back to the last post - there's still quite a few left that you guys haven't answered. :)

KM

4 comments:

KM said...

No panicking - I'm covering that. :)

KM said...

Hey Emily -

I'm going to post them on here over the next week or so. I'm open to other suggestions if you prefer the other.

KM

KM said...

The mega-homework is almost over. I promise! (Well, at least for this class...I can't speak of your other classes...)

Give me two more weeks! Just TWO MORE WEEKS!!

:)

KM said...

They can raise more than 10 cents in a day - they just can't raise more than once in a 24 hour period. That's one of the reasons that they jumped so high after 9/11 - gas stations didn't want to be left behind (so to speak) if their prices really went high. Same thing with Katrina - we went to lunch that day and going through Fort the gas was at about 2.70, coming back 45 minutes later it had jumped over 30 cents.

I know I've been bad about posting new stuff. I'll get more in tomorrow. Slap my fingers, etc etc. No excuses - and it's hard to find open ended questions for you guys, Nate! :)

Take a look at your notes -