Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Unbelievable...

Like this spring hasn't been hectic and crazy enough, there's more, folks! I have a bad case of sciatica, and am officially on doctor's order for complete bedrest at least until Tuesday. I know, I know...like it couldn't have come at a worse time.

The good news is - we've finished all new material.

The bad news is - pretty obvious.

I asked for the same sub to be in the room from Thurs through Tues, and I requested either Mrs. B or Mr. Rybicke. I had already sent out for copies of some free response questions, etc - I will probably come by later tomorrow (Thurs) afternoon to get things set up.

I can't tell you how upset I am about this, but the doc told me that if I continued walking or sitting, I was facing possible permanent damage, which obviously is not a great plan.

You guys have all the info you need - use your time in class wisely for studying as much as you can. If you have questions, post here or email. If I am awake during your class periods, I will try to call to see if you have any questions that I can answer without drawing on the board. :)

I will point out that they have me on some pretty intense meds, so colors look extra pretty right now...

KM

10 comments:

savannalope said...

how do we go about making up tests if you are gone?

KM said...

Hey Savannah -

I'm hoping to come in for an hour or so tonight to get things together, and I'll make sure Mr. Rybicke knows where the retakes are and how they're done. Obviously, Friday won't be the cutoff date for retakes, but I would like them done before the national exam, only because it will help you study for it.

Vicky said...

would spewing profanities all over your blog qualify as an "intelligent blog comment"?
Probably not. But that really sucks.
Do you have anything we could do study for the test besides practice tests?
And I have a question about the free response: it says we have a 10 minute "reading period." can we write, but not in a test, during that?

KM said...

Reading period = 10 minutes to look over all 3 questions, read very carefully, make notes in the margin of the green book, draw possible graphs, etc. You won't get the test writing booklet until after the 10 minutes is up. It's a great way to get organized.

Then, 50 minutes for 3 questions. the first is the long one, should take 25 minutes for. The last 2 are the short, take 25 minutes between the two.

Use the diagnostic test to help you - it's set up so you can see what areas you might be weakest in. Go for those, and concentrate on the stuff we did from s & d through the 4 market types - that's the big huge chunk of the test. Know how to figure out how many workers to hire with baseic info - that's usually one of hte FRQ (smaller one).

Mr. R has a ton of FRQ to pracitice with - they should help you get used to how to answer those and what the CB is loking for.

Dang. My iplls are kicking in. Sory if thisi sn't even understandable. I need to go sleep.

Vicky said...

Sweet, thanks for the help. And I commented on Savannah's blog about equality and the US. (it's an older one)
Thanks.

Gan said...

Question 21 on the frist MC practice test asks about "the Coase Theorem"... what the heck is that?

Gan said...

FYI one of my comments this week is on John's april 14th blog...

KM said...

Coase Theorem deals with externalities - it states that when trade is possible in an externality and there are no transaction costs, bargaining between the two parties will result in the best option for all parties.

In other words, if you leave government out of it and allow the two parties of an externality to come to an agreement, all parties will be better off.

Wow. Drugs are less, pain is still there, but I can actually think again. What a concept!

savannalope said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
savannalope said...
This comment has been removed by the author.